Get all fired up at our Dragon Boat Festival 2017!
Saturday 9th September 2017
Dragon boat racing is an ancient Chinese tradition and the fastest growing water activity in Britain today – as well as the most fun! Up to 10 people paddle each 30’ boat with a drummer at the front beating time and our helm at the tail steering a straight course. No previous experience is required, just plenty of team spirit!
Gable Events has joined with Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (ACT), to bring you the 13th charity dragon boat festival to be staged on the River Cam in Cambridge. The Festival is open to everyone and over 40 crews are expected to battle it out over the 200m race course, watched by several hundred spectators. The Ditton Meadows location offers a superb venue for racing and a fabulous day is guaranteed with plenty of bankside family entertainment including funfair rides, children’s activities, inflatables and Chinese lion dancing plus bar and food stalls.
Standard entry includes:
- Dragon boats, qualified helms and all racing equipment
- At least 3 races per crew
- Music and entertainment
- Souvenir programme
- Trophies for the top three crews, the best-placed mixed crew (minimum 5 ladies), the crew raising the most money for ACT and the ‘best dressed’ crew
- Medals for the top three crews
- Traditional afternoon tea at SIX Panoramic Bar and Restaurant in Cambridge for the crew raising the most money for ACT
Businesses can find out more and register their teams for the September event at www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge
For more information contact Emily Willdigg, Events Fundraiser at ACT on 01223 349885 or email@example.com