At Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust, we take communicating with our supporters very seriously. As part of our regular fundraising activities, we telephone some supporters, asking them to consider setting up a regular gift by direct debit.
We do not deliver cold calling campaigns; we only telephone people who have already been in touch with us. The supporters we call have previously made gifts to benefit patients at Addenbrooke's and the Rosie hospitals, or have responded to a letter asking to know more about the charity.
We would like to reassure you that:
- The security of your data is of utmost importance to us. We do not share our supporters’ details with anyone else, other than telephone agencies like Pure, who act on our behalf and sign strict data protection and confidentiality agreements.
- Whenever we call supporters, we always start by asking if they are happy to take the call. If not, then the fundraiser should end the call quickly and with thanks.
- We rigorously and continuously check the quality of our telephone fundraisers and will act decisively and quickly should we ever have any concerns.
- We strictly adhere to all fundraising and data protection legislation and guidelines
- If you would like to opt out of hearing from us, you can just let us know.
Direct debit donations are an invaluable stream of income for ACT as gifts made on a regular basis mean we can plan more effectively for the future. At the same time, we realise that not everyone likes to donate in this way, and we are extremely grateful for all the support we receive.
If you would like any further information about our fundraising activities, or would like to tell us your communication preferences, simply get in touch on 01223 217757 or email email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.