Research: Driving innovation and excellence in healthcare
ACT provides highly valued funding to support medical research that is important to patients and the NHS.
Our ambitions are to:
- support innovative research
- ‘pump prime’ pilot projects and new initiatives
- invest in people - doctors, clinical and healthcare scientists nurses, midwives and other allied health professionals
- build clinical research capacity at Addenbrooke's and the Rosie and the wider NHS
- support research of exceptional relevance to patients and the NHS that otherwise would not be possible.
We support diverse types of research encompassing:
- better ways to diagnose, detect and screen for disease
- well being and prevention of disease
- aetiological research to better understand what causes disease
- discovery, development and evaluation of new treatments or services (including research in preclinical, clinical, community and applied settings)
Further details about the research we fund can be found here [link to follow]. Our recently funded research page contains just a sample of recent research projects.
ACT is most grateful for the generous gifts and legacies donated by patients and their families, hospital staff, trusts and foundations and our corporate supporters that make funding research possible. If you would like to make a donation so we can continue to make a real contribution to important research, then please visit our donation page.