Everyone loves a great party. Food, gossip and fun; an occasion to dress up; and a chance to spend quality time with friends and family. And no-one knows more about living life to the full than the thousands of women that demonstrate a life-affirming spirit by battling breast cancer every day.
Breast cancer is now the most common cancer among women in England and, unfortunately, you probably know of at least one friend or loved one affected by it.
By supporting the Addenbrooke's Pink Rose Appeal you'll be raising much-needed funds for breast cancer research and treatment at Addenbrooke's Hospital – invaluable work that is offering real hope and saving lives.
Hosting a Pink Rose Party gives you the perfect excuse to celebrate while helping to combat a deadly disease – making it a party to remember for all the right reasons.
How the Addenbrooke's Pink Rose Appeal makes a difference
Without the £2 million raised by ACT and the Addenbrooke's Pink Rose Appeal we would not have been able to establish the Cambridge Breast Cancer Research Unit in 2008 or maintain the vital research needed to improve treatments, test new approaches and ultimately prolong lives.
In 2011 the Pink Rose Appeal raised enough money for the surgical team at the Cambridge Breast Unit to purchase a specimen x-ray machine. The device enables surgeons at the hospital to analyse tissue samples removed from patients during an operation. This lowers patient risk and helps smooth operating schedules, meaning more women can be operated on and more lives can be saved. So far more than seventy patients have benefited from the acquisition of the machine.
Help us continue this vital work by hosting a Pink Rose Party
All you need to do is to plan the occasion, invite your guests to pay their way and then donate the funds to the Appeal – it's that simple.
Whatever shape your Pink Rose Party takes – whether it's a dinner, picnic, coffee morning, garden party or afternoon tea – the money you raise will provide a lifeline that enables us to continue to deliver world-class research and treatment that saves lives.
By hosting a Pink Rose Party you could help to keep that hope alive. What better cause for celebration could there be?
Simple steps for party planning
There are so many good reasons to host a Pink Rose Party. It could be to celebrate the life and memory of a loved one; to rally round a cherished friend or relative battling the disease; or simply because you want to give women now and in the future a better chance for survival.
Whatever or whoever has inspired your Pink Rose Party, here's what to do next:
- Once you've decided to host an event, drop us a line. We'll send you a fundraising pack with invitations, donation envelopes and Pink Rose pin badges to kick-start your party.
- Invite your guests well in advance. Explain that you are raising money for breast cancer research and treatment so they know that they'll be expected to pay their way on the day.
- At the event, don't forget to circulate the Pink Rose envelopes and badges for additional donations and, of course, leave plenty of time to enjoy yourself!
- Afterwards, send the donations to the Pink Rose Appeal. Please include your feedback form and photos – we love to know what our Pink Rose hosts have been up to!
- We'll write to confirm that your donation has arrived safely and to thank you for all your hard work. Longer term, don't forget to keep an eye on the local press for updates on how the Pink Rose Appeal is doing, so you and your guests can see what a difference your partying has made.
To request your fundraising pack, simply contact ACT on 01223 217757 or email email@example.com
If you would like to donate online to the Pink Rose Appeal click here and type 'Pink Rose Appeal' into the 'more information' section.
The appeal is based on the successful Pink Rose Dinner appeal, an idea by Louise Sunderland, which ran for five years (2004-2008) and raised over £300,000 for the Cambridge Breast Cancer Research Unit.