Your incredible fundraising efforts will make a significant difference to the patients of Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals. It’s thanks to people like you that we can save and transform lives every day, with cutting edge technology, pioneering research, specialist services and world-class facilities.
Get started by picking an activity and thinking carefully about the date you choose. Weekends are usually best for the highest attendance, but Fridays are great for fundraising at work. And make sure you don’t clash with major holidays or events.
Raise more online
- Create a page easily at justgiving.co.uk or virginmoneygiving.com
- Set a target and increase it if you hit it early
- Tell your story
- Don’t forget to share photos, milestones and regular updates
Use social media
- Share your event and link to your online giving page
- Encourage your followers to share
- Ask for donations at the end of the month – it’s payday!
- Tag us on facebook.com/actfundraising and tweet us at @actcharity
Use local digital & print media
- Keep it short and snappy and include photos
- Include some quotes from those involved
- Make sure you answer Who? What? Why? When? Where? How?
- Mention that you’re raising money for ACT
Supercharge your fundraising
- Ask your employer about Matched Giving – it could double your fundraising!
- Have a pub quiz or organise a raffle
- Get people to sponsor you per mile
- Don’t forget about Gift Aid
For more information and help, request your free fundraising pack.