Your incredible fundraising efforts will make a significant difference to the patients of Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals. It’s thanks to people like you that we can save and transform lives every day, with cutting edge technology, pioneering research, specialist services and world-class facilities.
Get started by picking an activity and thinking carefully about the date you choose. Weekends are usually best for the highest attendance, but Fridays are great for fundraising at work. And make sure you don’t clash with major holidays or events.
Raise more online
- Create a page easily at justgiving.co.uk/act
- Tell your story
- Don’t forget to share photos, milestones and regular updates
- Set a target and increase it if you hit it early
Use social media
- Share your event and link to your online giving page
- Encourage your followers to share
- Ask for donations at the end of the month – it’s payday!
- Tag us on facebook.com/actfundraising and tweet us at @actcharity
Supercharge your fundraising
- Use local digital and print media to share your fundraising activities
- Ask your employer about Matched Giving – it could double your fundraising!
- Have a pub quiz or organise a raffle at your event - don't forget to check if you require a lottery license to do so
- Don’t forget about Gift Aid.
Gift Aid is an easy way to maximise your fundraising. However, there are strict rules relating to it. Gift Aid cannot be claimed on ticket sales, raffle ticket sales, winning auction bids or anything other than an individual donation. Also, it cannot be claimed on behalf of a group or as part of a collection.
For more information and help, request your free fundraising pack.