As a UK leading cancer care specialist, Addenbrooke’s wants to ensure that each of those patients has access to quality patient care, improving outcomes, the hospital experience and support.
Over the last five years, 6,000 supporters have raised an incredible £4,000,000 for cancer services at Addenbrooke’s achieving:
- An Outpatients garden, providing a quiet haven away from the bustling hospital environment
- A state-of-the art surgical robot allowing prostate patients access to minimally invasive surgery
- A modern, spacious Haematology Day Unit for patients with blood cancers allowing 200 more patients to be seen every month and to be treated closer to home in brighter and more spacious surroundings, with specialist equipment and reduced waiting times
- 2 ECP machines to treat the terrible side effects suffered by patients following bone marrow transplantation, thereby decreasing the risk of life-threatening infections and potential admissions to intensive care
- A ‘Biopsee’ machine to more accurately diagnose and identify prostate cancer, providing vital information on the grade and stage of the cancer.
For more information about our Cancer campaign, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 217757.