Children’s services and the new Cambridge Children’s hospital
Supporting children at Addenbrooke’s
With your help we want to ensure that every child experiences the best possible care. We want to make the hospital experience as positive and worry free as it can be – whether by providing specialist play and music therapy, improving surgical and diagnostic tools to help children recover better, or offering therapeutic support to the whole family when they need it most. To do this and more, we are planning to build a new, state-of-the-art dedicated children’s hospital.
You have already helped fund:
- Lifesaving kit for a new children’s emergency ambulance service (launched April 2021). The Eastern region has been the only region without dedicated ambulances for transferring critically ill younger people and has had to rely on services outside the region.
- A dedicated family therapist to support families as an entire unit, delivering a holistic approach to family mental health and emotional well-being – wherever they are based, wherever they have been treated in the hospital and whatever the circumstances.
- The refurbishment of the Paediatric Day Unit which cares for over 6,000 children with cancer and haematological cancer every year
- An MRI Compatible Incubator to provide excellent quality MRI scans for critically ill babies.
- Play therapy to make hospital a less scary place for our younger patients
- Sensory units to help provide a calming environment for children
Cambridge Children’s Hospital
Over the next few years, we will be fundraising to build the new Cambridge Children’s Hospital. Due to open its doors in 2025, it will be the first dedicated children’s hospital in the eastern region.
Cambridge Children’s Hospital will provide a whole new way of caring for children and young people. The hospital will have a University research facility built within and will integrate cutting-edge treatments and technology. It will use genome medicine to not just treat diseases, but prevent them completely. And it will bring physical and mental health treatments together, so that we care for the whole child.
The child will be at the centre of everything we do and the hospital will draw on tele-health technology to connect people beyond their walls. When the doors open in 2025, Cambridge Children’s Hospital will be a world’s first hospital caring for children throughout the East of England.
In December 2018, the Government announced a commitment of £100 million towards the new children’s hospital. ACT, alongside Cambridge University and Head to Toe Charity are working together to raise a further £100 million in philanthropy to support this vision. Together, we will deliver a transformational hospital that builds a new model of paediatric care in the East of England which sets that standard nationally and internationally.
You can read more about our vision for this transformational hospital at www.cambridgechildrens.org.uk.
With your support, we can transform healthcare for children beyond anything we’ve ever seen. For more information about how you can support care for children at Addenbrooke’s and help us build the new hospital please contact us at email@example.com or call 01223 217757.