Help our hospital
The Addenbrooke’s and Rosie hospitals have earned the reputation of being among the world’s best academic healthcare organisations.
ACT’s aim is to support those achievements by raising funds for cutting edge technology, additional specialist staff, environmental enhancements and extra comforts for patients that make all the difference over and above what is possible with NHS funding alone.
We need your help to make Addenbrooke’s even better by helping us raise:
- £110,000 to enable a Family Therapist to help support families in the face of serious illness and loss
- £250,000 for a cutting edge 3D scanner to save head and neck cancer patient’s lives
- £240,000 to buy an emergency children’s ambulance to transport sick children to Addenbrooke’s, quicker
- £150,000 to pay for a Cancer Counselling Service, ensuring that every patient being treated for cancer receives the best possible emotional support
In the last financial year, you helped:
- Fund a new ambulance incubator trolley with £111,800, helping to save the lives of more critically ill babies
- Pay for a study with £24,416, which has discovered the means to reactivate a virus so that it may be treated, leading to possible new therapies and cures
- Fund a life-enhancing paediatric ultrasound machine for £22,995, which will allow the most accurate and effective targeting of injections for children with cerebral palsy and arthritis; greatly enhancing their quality of life.
- Fund £335,000 for research into Parkinson’s disease, which could help in diagnosis and the search for new treatments.