Patients & families
Supporting patients and families is at the heart of what we do – complementing existing NHS-funded projects with additional specialist services and equipment, improved facilities and patient comforts.
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are able to invest an amazing £500,000 a month in life-saving projects like this:
Saving the lives of critically ill babies
Thanks to £111,800 from a wide range of donors and fundraisers, we have been able to fund a new ambulance incubator trolley, which will help save the lives of countless critically ill babies.
Pioneering research into Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
£34,400 has helped fund new research into how hundreds of the most common mutations react to therapy, thereby taking a big step towards highly effective, individualised treatments for non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Life-saving kidney biopsy service
A new £24,500 digital pathology service aims to standardise and speed up viability assessment, increasing the number of organs available for successful transplant, saving lives and dialysis costs.
Ground-breaking studies into new treatment for viruses
Dormant viruses are immune to treatment, but this new study funded by ACT with £24,416 has discovered the means to reactivate a virus so that it may be treated, leading to possible new therapies and cures.
We’ve achieved so much thanks to our generous supporters, but there’s still more you can help us with.
- £1 could buy an activity pack to keep a toddler busy while mum is waiting in an antenatal clinic
- £10 could enable volunteers to take part in ground-breaking research that could save countless lives
- £100 could help reduce cancer recurrence for 10 patients through a focussed rehabilitation session
- £1,000 could help fund a breast cancer counsellor to provide vital psychological support for patients
- £108,000 could fully kit out an emergency children’s ambulance with live-saving equipment